Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error SQLDriverconnect: Data source name not found and no default driver specified

VS
7 - Meteor

Hi Experts,

When i am setting up the scheduler, getting "Error SQLDriverconnect: Data source name not found and no default driver specified" error.

I am using 1 excel data source and other ODBC connection to terradata.

Maintained the terradata connection setup but still not working.

Appreciate help.

Thanks

Vikas

13 REPLIES 13
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@VS have you Configured your "Run As" user settings?

VS
7 - Meteor

thanks Patrick.

It worked now.

jroot
8 - Asteroid

I'm having this same error code when running a workflow in Scheduler, but it runs just fine through the GUI. I've tried to find my Run As settings, but am not finding anything I need to configure. I'm running desktop with Scheduler.

Thanks!

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@jroot

Options --> Advanced Options --> System Settings --> Click "Next" until you see the screen "Run the Worker as a Different User?".  Enter your credentials there.

jroot
8 - Asteroid

I don't understand how that solves the problem, but it sure does. Thank you!

schadderwala
5 - Atom

what credentials should I use??

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@schadderwala your Windows credentials

@jroot It's allowing the service to run with the same privileges your account has.

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I am getting this error on an output that I am trying to write to SQL.  I found these (link below)  instructions on setting Run As permissions, but I don't understand the second part of them that says -- Then, set permissions on each of the folders requiring Run As user permissions.

https://help.alteryx.com/server/current/admin/Configuration/RunasPermissions.htm?TocPath=Configure%7...

I'm trying to write to SQL, not a folder.  I am not sure this is the right solution for this particular use case, as the original question was relative to an input I believe.  Any help would be appreciated.

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Additionally, I'm starting to think that I need the admin install of Alteryx.  I have the non-Admin.  Is that an issue in this particular problem.  

Labels