Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no

PB2527
5 - Atom

Hello All,

I am using Alteryx Designer (non-admin version) + Alteryx Server

When I run my workflow (extract data from flat files and load into SQL Azure Server) in designer, it runs smoothly.

And the issue occurs when I put the same workflow in Alteryx Server. 

Issue:

Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

As per my understanding, I need to change the "Run as" settings in the private gallery but I can't find this (System Settings Option) -> Options --> Advanced Options --> System Settings --> Click "Next" until you see the screen "Run the Worker as a Different User?".  Enter your credentials there in Designer or Server.

Note: Already installed, "ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server"

Looking for resolution on the same.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @PB2527 

Have you created a System ODBC DSN on the server with the same name and connection properties as the DSN that you have on your local machine?

Dan

dipika07011988
6 - Meteoroid

Installing the odbc driver and SQL server native client 11.0 resolved this issue for me.

Hope this helps you too.

Labels