Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: Render (1): Unable to write output file: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Render.pcxml:

HarishKN
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone,

I was trying to understand how the pcxml option work, basically i am trying to get better understanding of allowing the end user to select the output report format with the help of .pcxml option. 

I have updated the ‘Output Mode’ in the Render tool to ‘Choose a Specific Output File’, and for the ‘Output File’ and given App.pcxml.

when i run the app i get an error.

Error: Render (1): Unable to write output file: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Render.pcxml:

Please help if anyone has come across this error.

Regards

Harish KN

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi Harish KN! Can you paste a picture of the error? My first guess would be that you don't have access to write to that directory. I get this error when I try writing to that same location as you: 

Capture.PNG

One way to fix this would be to add %TEMP% before your filename (%TEMP%App.pcxml). That should then write the file to a temp space that you have write access to.

Patrick

HarishKN
7 - Meteor

Thanks Patrick,

Yes, you are correct i was able to fix it. Immediately after i posted this question.

Appreciate you time.

Regards

Harish KN

Labels