Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: R (3): There was an error in WriteYXDBStreaming

alphasupport
7 - Meteor

Dears, 

I have recently upgraded to Alteryx 2018.2 and I see lot of errors which using R tool and any other Predictive Tools. 

Recently I am facing issue using R tool node. I have to push data frame from R tool to Tableau server or to excel file but I am getting following error : Error: R (3): There was an error in WriteYXDBStreaming

Kindly assist. 

Thank you in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @alphasupport,

I've seen this error in relation to field names or invalid field types.  Can you post a sample or mock up of your data and workflow for us to review?

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
kmoreno
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I'm also having the same problem.

I follow the same syntax in a different work flow and didn't have any problems.

Here is a dummy example of the code I'm submitting:

LO <- read_excel("path", col_names = TRUE)
colnames(LO) <- gsub(" ","_", colnames(LO))

V1 <- LO[is.na(LO$`DBT`) & is.na(LO$`DBUL`) & !is.na(LO$`EDUL`) & is.na(LO$`EDT`) & (LO$`LDTSO`=="BAT") & (LOA$`DATO`=="BAT"),]

write.Alteryx(V1, 1)

V2 <- LO[is.na(LO$`D2T`) & is.na(LO$`D2UL`) & !is.na(LO$`E2UL`) & is.na(LO$`E2T`) & (LO$`L2TSO`=="BAT") & (LO$`D2TO`=="BAT"),]

write.Alteryx(V2, 2)

The error message says "There was an error in WriteYXDBStreaming". The code works in the R environment so I wasn't sure if there's an issue with the tool or if I'm missing something that I need to add.

Labels