Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error : Publish to Tableau server

DeepakKrish
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have updated the Alteryx designer 11.3 to 11.7 Yesterday. When i trying to run existing workflows using new version of Alteryx designer I received some error in publish to Tableau server tool Aanyone help me to resolve this issue.

Publish to tableau server error.PNG

Thanks,

Deepak

5 REPLIES 5
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Deepak,

The publish to server tool creates a .yxdb in the background in order to build the drop down lists during future use.

It looks like your computer does not have the ability to write to your program files folder, you can confirm this by just trying to move something into that folder.

I'm not sure why this would change between version 11.3 and 11.7 but this would appear to be what the error is suggesting.

Ben

DeepakKrish
7 - Meteor

Hi Beth,

Thanks for ur reply..

I didn't understand what you are telling, should i create a new folders? for what?

can you explain the exact issue and how do i resolve?

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
It looks like you don’t have permission to write to the file given in the file path of the error (I.e. you don’t have the right to publish to your C drive, which is often locked down by IT).

In order to resolve this issue you would need to get permissions to do this.
DeepakKrish
7 - Meteor

It's  working. After i have updated the publish to tableau server tool(latest version).

AmitBelagali
8 - Asteroid

Hey @DeepakKrish,

Could you please share the version of the tableau server tool you are using?

Thanks,

Amit Belagali

Labels