community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Error Output: Error opening connect string ACCESS

Meteor

I am receiving the following error. 

Error: Output Data (15): Error opening connect string: Microsoft Office Access Database Engine: Unrecognized database format 'H:\Strategic Sales Initiatives\Territory Management\FY17\Territory Management FY17.accdb'.\3343 = -536544260

I try running the workflow with the database closed or open, but I keep getting the same error.  I can write to a different accdb in the same file folder, but for some reason, I can't write to this database.

Alteryx Certified Partner
Hey @ljmiller

You'll need to update the Microsoft Jet Drivers.... There are more details here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-Microsoft-Access-read-write-...

Neil
Meteor

Actually, I didn't realize I hit the 2GB limit.  Thanks for the quick response.  

The Access unrecognized database format error occur due to following reasons:
1. You are opening a database file that saved in other MS office version
2. Your Access service pack is outdated
3. Abnormally large database file

To solve the Access database unrecognized format implement these techniques:
1. Use Compact & Repair Method
Go to Tools > Database Utilities > Compact & Repair Database

2. Restore the database file from updated backup file

To get rid of access error try these above solutions. If still error persists then fix the corrupt database file by using Stellar Repair for Access tool which enable you to save mailbox items to a new database file.

Hi,

is this solution works for MS Access DB version 2013? I see in Alteryx supported files version link below only Microsoft Access 2000-2003 (.mdb). My file saving as ( .accdb)

https://help.alteryx.com/current/DataSources/SupportedDataSources.htm

I wanted to confirm before I request my Sysadmin to install this software.

Thanks,

swetha

Labels