Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error Opening table: Microsoft Access Database Engine: System resource exceeded

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

Hi experts,

I have been trying to run a workflow that performs updating of rows using a multi row field. This is gathering an input file (.xlsb) from a local drive with a size of 51 mb (having about 500k rows) and it has been giving me this error: Error Opening Table: Microsoft Access Database Engine: System resource exceeded.\3035 = -66192371

I have already upgraded my laptop to 8gb ram as I have noticed that Alteryx shoots up my RAM consumption  to 71%.. I reckon that I should still have about 30% free, but I am still getting this error.

Has anyone else encountered this error? And if so, what can be done to resolve it?

Appreciate any help given. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@KMadamba,

This error is definitely coming from your Access Database. Are you using the supported Access driver?  Are you using a 2010 Microsoft Access Database Engine?

Drivers:

DataSources

Here is also a related post 

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

@DanM I have already installed the 2010 driver when I got an Access engine error before. This one seems to be different.

It looks like changing the join/sort memory allocation back to default fixed it though, as I am not getting the error anymore.

cheers

Edit: Nevermind. Still getting the error. It's intermittent :-\

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@KMadamba ,

If the issue is intermittent, then it may be something with the your machine or the Access database. If you are adjusting the sort/join memory and that is temporarily resolving the issue, it is more than likely you may be running out of memory. If you close all programs and just run the process in Alteryx do you get the error? I would keep your process monitoring up and see if you memory spikes when you get the error. 

Labels