Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error Opening SELECT in Data Stream Out Tool

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

I have an error with the Data Stream Out Tool when trying to bring the In-Database workflow out to Alteryx Designer. Can someone help me please to understand the Error and how to fix it ? I attached here the screenshot of the error from my computer.

Thank you in advance 

Armand

8 REPLIES 8
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Inactive User 

The In-DB tool errors are a little different to normal tools. They only arise at a point where the query is sent - this could be an output/stream out or a browse. 
In your case something has gone wrong before the stream out, but the error is showing at the point that alteryx realises. If I were you, I'd select all the in-db tools, and press ctrl+shift+b to add a browse tool to all of them. Then run your workflow and see which browse tools error - that should help identify where the cause of the error is.

Hope that helps,

Ollie

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

you should post the full error message too - cut and paste the exact error message into word or notepad - not much any one can tell from that snippet.

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi @OllieClarke 

Thanks so much for your reply and your trick. I am trying to find out where the cause of the error is. I identify that the errors are located in some browse tools which I put in the attached .txt file here and the screenshot of the workflow. I will appreciate any suggestion to fix the errors. Thanks

Best regards

Armand

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello @apathetichell 

Yes, you are right. I put the queries from the browse tools where the errors are located into a .txt file and the screenshot of the workflow for each of the identified browse tool that I attached into my reply to @OllieClarke . I will appreciate any suggestion to fix the problem. Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Armand

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @Inactive User 

Your error is in the in-db filter tool. The In-DB tools require you to write formulae in the syntax/language of the database to which you're connecting

DATETIMEDIFF(DateTimeNow(),[TSMAJ],'days') > 90

This is how you would do the filter in Alteryx.

If you're connecting to a Microsoft SQL Server, this would have to be:

DATEDIFF(day,"TSMAJ",GETDATE()) > 90

This is why your workflow was erroring. 

The syntax/functions will change depending on your database and the language it uses.

Hope that helps,

Ollie

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi @OllieClarke,

Thanks again for your suggestion. Indeed I am using Hive. I tried your solution using the formula bellow but it doesn't solve my problem. 

DATEDIFF(current_date(), [TSMAJ]) > 90

Maybe I mistaken somewhere in the formula. Do you find something wrong ? I also attached the screenshot of the workflow.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

DATEDIFF(current_date(),"TSMAJ")>90

(use '90' if 90 isn't a number.

But I believe HIVE uses CURRENT_DATE - not current_date() for the current date. These are not Alteryx issues - basically however you'd construct this Query in your usual SQL you should do that in the Alteryx In-DB tools. You can parameterize using "FIELDNAME" - not  [FIELDNAME] like you would on canvas.

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello @apathetichell,

Thanks for your help. Finally, after following your tips, the formula works. The issue is now fixed. 

Best regards

Armand

Labels