Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error Message tool on App having multiple interface tools on single Filter tool

Sanju04
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I have query related to error message tool.

Input tool format:

row no

A

B

C

ID_1

Item1

C1

ID_2

Item2

C2

Filter tool with custom formula 1=1

3 radio button:

1st button no filter

2nd radio button to select item from list tool - List tool displays values available in column A and allows user to select multiple values.

3rd radio button to allow user to enter id's manually -Text tool allows user to enter the id's manually each on new line and this applies filter on column B

I have attached all the interface tools except No filter radio button to single action tool and added the formula to action based on selection of radio button.

I now want to add error message tool to List tool and Text tool. 

condition is when any of these interface tool gets selected, and no items are selected from List tool or no items mentioned in text tool then user should be displayed with error message that they need to select item or need to enter something in text box.

I have tried adding error tool to List and text tool but I need to add condition that they need to run only when List or Text is selected. I am not sure how to add this.

anyone done this before and have any direction for this.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Sanju04 See the attached workflow. If I'm understating correctly, you would probably setup 2 different error messages. I'm attaching 1 example for an empty text box which hopefully shows the approach.

patrick_digan_0-1615304668207.png

Sanju04
6 - Meteoroid

@patrick_digan  thank you very much for your input. The solution fixed my issue.

Krishna_nidar
6 - Meteoroid

if i have set of interface with disabling first set (radio button 1) of interface basis on the user selection of second set of interface (Radio button 2) . How to acheive this ?

I tried.When ever i select second option (radio button 2) ,then error message congured for first option (radio button 1) pop out .

How to handle this ? Please help

Labels