Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error Message by running the Field Summary Tool

cschra
6 - Meteoroid

Hi experts, 

When using the Field Summary tool I get the subsequent error message: 

Error: Field Summary (28): Tool #275: Tool #105: The external program "cmd" returned an error code: 1

Any idea why and what to do?

Best regards

Christian 

10 REPLIES 10
gnans19
11 - Bolide

Can you attach the workflow or screenshot?

cschra
6 - Meteoroid

Sure, Please find it attached. 

gnans19
11 - Bolide

@cschra 

Sorry, I am not able to reproduce the error. Unless you want to share the workflow with test data.

cschra
6 - Meteoroid
I'm feeling deeply sorry that its workflow independet. The tool doesnt even start with anything. As far as I understand it comes down to its initialization and Windows?

Regards
Christian
suli
9 - Comet

Hi @cschra,

It means that the macro has a command line tool inside. Actually it is nested in another macro.

Command line is a powerful tool and sometimes it is executing some program with .exe extension.

Since it is quite powerful tool in some companies users may not have a privilege to run it or to execute .exe files, and I think it could be your case.

Hope it helps!

cschra
6 - Meteoroid

It worked someday... I dont know why it doesn't anymore. I've run some Windows as well as Alteryx updates.

cschra
6 - Meteoroid

Any more ideas on that topic?

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @cschra,

What location do you have your temp directory set for in alteryx?  The location can be found in user settings (Designer desktop) or system settings (server).

If your location has a space in it, try changing to a path that does not contain spaces.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
AmandaCarew
6 - Meteoroid

I had the exact same issue, and changing my temp folder from Alteryx Temp to AlteryxTemp fixed the problem. Thank you!

Labels