Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error Message by running the Field Summary Tool

cschra
6 - Meteoroid

Hi experts, 

When using the Field Summary tool I get the subsequent error message: 

Error: Field Summary (28): Tool #275: Tool #105: The external program "cmd" returned an error code: 1

Any idea why and what to do?

Best regards

Christian 

10 REPLIES 10
gnans19
11 - Bolide

Can you attach the workflow or screenshot?

cschra
6 - Meteoroid

Sure, Please find it attached. 

gnans19
11 - Bolide

@cschra 

Sorry, I am not able to reproduce the error. Unless you want to share the workflow with test data.

cschra
6 - Meteoroid
I'm feeling deeply sorry that its workflow independet. The tool doesnt even start with anything. As far as I understand it comes down to its initialization and Windows?

Regards
Christian
suli
9 - Comet

Hi @cschra,

It means that the macro has a command line tool inside. Actually it is nested in another macro.

Command line is a powerful tool and sometimes it is executing some program with .exe extension.

Since it is quite powerful tool in some companies users may not have a privilege to run it or to execute .exe files, and I think it could be your case.

Hope it helps!

cschra
6 - Meteoroid

It worked someday... I dont know why it doesn't anymore. I've run some Windows as well as Alteryx updates.

cschra
6 - Meteoroid

Any more ideas on that topic?

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @cschra,

What location do you have your temp directory set for in alteryx?  The location can be found in user settings (Designer desktop) or system settings (server).

If your location has a space in it, try changing to a path that does not contain spaces.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
AmandaCarew
6 - Meteoroid

I had the exact same issue, and changing my temp folder from Alteryx Temp to AlteryxTemp fixed the problem. Thank you!

Labels