Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error Message: No Columns Returned

data_warrior
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am receiving an error message when using ODBC Connection for a DB2 Database.  The error message is "No Columns Returned".  I have tried using the SQL Editor, Visual Query Builder, and selecting from the tables with in the DB.  I am still getting the same error.  I verified others  being used to pull data using other methods beside Alteryx, so I know it is not a permission issue.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can resolve the issue to pull the data?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
wwatson
12 - Quasar

are you using an in-db tool or an input tool? Can you share a snippet of your sql code?

data_warrior
5 - Atom

Thanks for the response.  I have tried using both a regular Input Tool and an In-DB Input Tool.  

This is the code I am using.  I am trying to pull all fields from the table:

This is the code for pulling through the Tables in the DB: 

SELECT * FROM "GLRPT"."GL_ENTRY_WORK_RPT"

Code using Visual Query Builder and SQL Editor:

Select GLRPT.GL_ENTRY_WORK_RPT.* From GLRPT.GL_ENTRY_WORK_RPT

data_warrior
5 - Atom

I believe it was a access permission issue.  An associate within the company helped me resolve the issue.  Thanks.

Suprabha
5 - Atom

Hi.. 

I'm also facing the same error "no columns returned". As I'm new to Alteryx, I'm searching for the solution online. Could you please share some details how your associate was able to solve it for you? 

Issue I'm facing is - we have 2 different DB2 databases and Alteryx is able to connect to both. However, it is able to fetch data from only one DB. The other one is throwing No Columns Returned error. 

Labels