Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: Invalid FileFormat: '.000000'; trailing text after the integer

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,😀

I have this workflow to import some xlsx data. I used a macro so it can allow for input of specific sheet names with different schemas. However, it returned this error message when I have this process in a workflow where other input and data process also exist.

Error: Invalid FileFormat: '.000000'; trailing text after the integer

The odd thing is when I moved the same thing out to a new blank workflow, it works with no error.

So I have no idea what is the root cause of this issue and how to fix it. Can anyone help?

JokeFun_0-1646187537919.png

This is the setup of the Macro.

JokeFun_1-1646187575656.png

1 REPLY 1
JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

oops~ 

After digging close to 2 hours, I finally found the root cause, which is in the Macro itself. The 2nd action tool which is to update the file extension was written as: SWITCH(FileGetExt([#1]),"-1",".xlsb","50",".xlsm","56",".xls","8",".xlsx",25)

So now I changed it to SWITCH(FileGetExt([#1]),"-1",".xlsb","50",".xlsm","56",".xls","8",".xlsx","25")

And now the error message is gone.

However, I don't understand why it can work either without the quotation marks in some workflows, but just failed in one particular workflow.

Labels