Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: Invalid FileFormat: '.000000'; trailing text after the integer

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,😀

I have this workflow to import some xlsx data. I used a macro so it can allow for input of specific sheet names with different schemas. However, it returned this error message when I have this process in a workflow where other input and data process also exist.

Error: Invalid FileFormat: '.000000'; trailing text after the integer

The odd thing is when I moved the same thing out to a new blank workflow, it works with no error.

So I have no idea what is the root cause of this issue and how to fix it. Can anyone help?

JokeFun_0-1646187537919.png

This is the setup of the Macro.

JokeFun_1-1646187575656.png

1 REPLY 1
JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

oops~ 

After digging close to 2 hours, I finally found the root cause, which is in the Macro itself. The 2nd action tool which is to update the file extension was written as: SWITCH(FileGetExt([#1]),"-1",".xlsb","50",".xlsm","56",".xls","8",".xlsx",25)

So now I changed it to SWITCH(FileGetExt([#1]),"-1",".xlsb","50",".xlsm","56",".xls","8",".xlsx","25")

And now the error message is gone.

However, I don't understand why it can work either without the quotation marks in some workflows, but just failed in one particular workflow.

Labels