Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: Input Data (1): The plugin "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\plugins\AlteryxBasePlugins

lpratt1
5 - Atom

I'm new to Alteryx but am struggling to get started because every time I try to input data, mainly excel files, I get an error message saying "Error: Input Data (1): The plugin "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\plugins\AlteryxBasePluginsEngine.dll" could not be loaded: %1 is not a valid Win32 application. (193)". However, my computer and excel program are 64-bit. The excel file has worked in Alteryx on other peoples' computers as well. Is there a way to fix this or a setting I am missing? 

2 REPLIES 2
drew9
9 - Comet

Hi @lpratt1 ,

What kind of excel file are you using? .xlsx, .xls, .xlsb, or .xlsm?

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

If this is happening only on your machine, you might also check with your IT administrator. There might be a security setting that is specific to your machine that is blocking the DLL file. I've seen situations where they had to whitelist the DLL file because it was being blocked by their antivirus/security software.

Labels