Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error In Stepwise tool with Decision Tree

MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

Dear All ,

Stepwise error.JPG

I'm trying to Use Stepwise tool after decision tree to get the significant  predictors to include in the model but I get the following error:

Error: Stepwise (96): Tool #5: Stepwise variable selection is only relevant for models created using the Linear, Logistic, and Count Regression tools.

I include the WF with the Data file, please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi, @MAAbdullahAlMubarah

The Stepwise tool only works with Regression tools, and the Decision Tree is not one of them and cannot be an input to this tool, ok?

The Decision Tree is actually a model.

You can learn more about the Stepwise tool over here:

https://help.alteryx.com/2018.3/Stepwise.htm

Cheers,

MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for this, what other tools might help in specifying which predictors have high significance with the target variable in case of decision tree? 

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Actually, with the Interactive Output of the Decision Tree, you can see which variables make more sense to get to your target variable in the Variable Importance chart.

It's something like this:

VImportance.PNG

Labels