Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error In Chart & Cant Figure Fix

Faronnj
8 - Asteroid

Goodafternoon Alteryx Community,

I have been trying to create a graph with the following data and workflow, the formula is designed to fill the previous followup outcome cells with the average of the 2 around it (so that the graph looks correct).  

The error comes when you look at the chart, there is a line that goes straight from -23 to -1 at the >108mo follow up.  When I look at the data in the filter outcome, this line does not match up anywhere and does not really make sense. Can someone help me identify the error in creating this graph?

It should look like this more and not have that line going straight from -23 to -1 at 10yr follow up:

Faronnj_0-1579294926896.png

I appreciate if you find the errors if you can fix them in my workspace to show me or if you think I should have created this graph in a different way to avoid this weird error please include your workspace.  Again, the line doesnt match up with the data of the outcomes.  Thank you again in advance!  I appreciate it so much,

Nick 

6 REPLIES 6
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Faronnj 

A quick heads up that we're not able to run the module that you attached because the input data (Sphere Sample.xlsx) is not included. To package this workflow with dependencies, use Options > Export Workflow. This will package these assets together into a .yxzp file that you can share with us.

Alternatively (and my preference), the data samples are typically small enough that they can be stored in a Text Input tool. This will save the sample data in the workflow so you can just share the .yxmd in this case. 

Once data is shared, I'm sure you'll get some good feedback from the Community. 

Faronnj
8 - Asteroid

@CharlieS I apologize! But attached is the exported workflow.  sorry again!

Faronnj
8 - Asteroid

Is anyone able to figure out where this error is? All the help is appreciated with a meeting coming up this week, I was hoping to try and figure it out this weekend.

Thank you in advance,

Nick 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Faronnj 

It looks like a bug in the interactive tool.  The erroneous line shows up only when you include Patient 93.  93 is also the only one that has values for all the time periods including ">108".  Here's what it looks like with a filter to exclude patient 93

no93.png

In the workflow that I attached, I changed >108 to >108-120 and added a new column >120 with null values.  The output looks like this.  You can see the patient 93 jutting out to the >108-120 column

r.png

Faronnj
8 - Asteroid

Amazing! I never would have figured that out!  Thank you!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

You're very welcome @Faronnj 

Hope the meeting goes well.

Dan

Labels