Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: Fuzzy Match: Out of Memory : Workflow was Cancelled by Properties Setting

urfriendumesh
7 - Meteor

Dear Team,

I designed an Alteryx workflow in Alteryx Designer 2021.3 for performing records match using the Fuzzy Match tool and ran fine without any issues. Our client informed that it's not an Approved version for our client and so downgraded it the lower version Alteryx Designer 2020.4.5. The workflow designed earlier is failing (Fuzzy Match) with below error when tried to run in Designer 2020.4.5 version.

urfriendumesh_0-1662447253155.png

Below are the User settings and System settings in the Designer. Please help me to fix this issue.

urfriendumesh_1-1662447366396.png

urfriendumesh_2-1662447455806.png

urfriendumesh_3-1662447523610.png

7 REPLIES 7
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I know there were some issues with Memory and running on AMP.  Is this workflow set to have it run with AMP?

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks Mike! I was coming to ask the same question. For sure we have fixed a number of memory deadlock issues with AMP up until the 22.1 Release.  So if this workflow is AMP enabled, I would recommend saving it without "Use AMP Engine" checked in the Workflow Configuration - Runtime settings and see if that helps. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
UmeshMarripalli
5 - Atom

Thanks Mike and Tonya for the response. I ran the Alteryx Workflow and App without "Use AMP Engine"  (uncheck the option in Workflow Configuration) and the workflow ran fine without any issues.

But, I have a huge amount of data (~2 million) on which the Fuzzy match needs to be performed and without using the AMP Engine, it's taking a huge amount of time (4-5 hours) and that's the reason I was using the AMP engine. Is there any other way I can run the workflow using the AMP engine without "Out of Memory" or any other errors?

Also, I tried to publish my Analytic App in the Gallery and received below error. Can you please help me on this.

UmeshMarripalli_1-1662536308673.png

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Unless you upgrade, your only option here is to go non-AMP.  Otherwise you'll get the memory issue.

For the "Cannot access" errors, either the "Run As" account must not have access to wherever the files are located.  This is common on secure networks.  You personally may have access, but the 'server' does not.  First you have to find out which credentials the server is using, and then get those credentials access to the locations.

For the SQL Server error, it sounds like the same issue.

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I concur with Mike - I was going to ask if there is any way you would be able to upgrade to 2022.1 Release version. That has multiple fixes for memory deadlocking with aMP Engine. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
UmeshMarripalli
5 - Atom

Thanks Mike and Tonya for the response. 

For the "Cannot access" errors, I was able to successfully publish the Analytic App to the Gallery after opening the firewall and port between the Gallery and SQL server.

For the Upgrade to 2022.1 version (or latest version) to run the Workflow or App using the AMP Engine, I need to talk with the business and seek for the approval.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Welcome; good luck with the upgrade!

Labels