Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: Field was not contained in the record

amitupadhyay
8 - Asteroid

Hello, I am reading data from a csv file, the source is UTF-8 encoded. I correctly set the encoding in the Input Tool. Upon reading the data, I used a Select Tool to assign right data types. Further, I am using a third party tool to make a connection from Alteryx to Neo4j Graph Database. My workflow works perfectly fine for all my input files except for 2 files where I get an error 'Field <field_name> was not contained in the record' (See attached screenshot). I have checked everything, the downstream after the select tool does contain all the fields with correct records. I am clueless now how to solve this.

I have attached my workflow, Installation file of the third party tool packaged as .zip 'Neo4jOutput.zip', all input csv files packaged as .zip. 

To install the third party tool: Unpack the zip and save the folder 'Neo4jOutput' in C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools\

Kindly help. 

Thank you.

f1_error.PNG

1 REPLY 1
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @amitupadhyay ,

The problem is simply because the macro that is giving you the error is using mapped fields, and one of those required fields is "Lap", which is not in the input, so you would either need to include this field, or open the macro and remove it from the macro input template (or uncheck "mapped fields").

If you extract the workflow and check the boxes for the macros and data inputs we can have a look at it for you.

M.

Bulien

Labels