Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: Failed to authenticate SharePoint Files

robertditonno
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there,

I am trying to authenticate myself within the SharePoint Files Input tool via "Profivde Authentication Information". The reason I use this way is that I want to schedule this on the server.

When I look at the XML I notice that the client_id, tenant_id, and client secret are blank even though I filled it out.  I am assuming this is something that needs a patch?

14 REPLIES 14
eastonce
5 - Atom

hey, i tried following these steps but i cant find the SRC folder where Alteryx is contained to update the key. i get all the way up to here "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node" but no SRC folder is found. i also explored the other folders and had no luck finding Alteryx. any idea?

rhipp87
7 - Meteor

Change this extension to .reg and then run it. Windows will ask if you trust the file before merging it with your registry. You know the file is safe because if you right-click to edit you will see:

Spoiler

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx]
"PythonAllowHideEncryption"="true"

And nothing else!

Viswapriyads
6 - Meteoroid

Hi eastonce, I'm having the same issue too, unable to see the SRC folder, did you get a resolution? Appreciate your response. Thanks.

eastonce
5 - Atom

hey. yeah sort of. it ended up being an issue with my alteryx not being the same version as my company server, i believe. its been a while so i dont remember for sure and i found a workaround using one drive for business and configuring one drive to synch automatically. 

Viswapriyads
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your quick response, appreciate it.

The one-drive workaround works for me as well from desktop version, however, it doesn't work when published to the gallery/server. So I'm forced to look for options that involves the sharepoint input/output connectors tool.

Below is the error I'm getting while executing the workflow from designer that connects to sharepoint. Appreciate if someone can provide inputs.

FailedToAuthenticate.PNG

Labels