Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error-DataWrapOCI: Unable to Prepare the Query

JordanHowell
7 - Meteor

I'm having an issue streaming data out with in-DB tool.  I'm getting the error "DataWrapOCI: Unable to prepare the query: "With Tool1_Oaaf" AS query...."

Error.png

Can anyone tell me what this error actually means?  The query works if I run it in TOAD or SQL developer.  

14 REPLIES 14
Luciano-Vasconcelos
7 - Meteor

It worked fine.

It's awful when works in SQL Developer and it doesn't work in other places.

YEM
8 - Asteroid

@CraigAustin wrote:

I had this error when I was trying to connect to the wrong DB.

Check that too.

Right... if it works in a sql console but not in Alteryx, it is probably because the sql concole is connected to a specific schema or DB, but Alteryx is not.  In Alteryx, you will need to use the fully qualified name.  I got stuck on this b/c I had a large query, all was fully qualified except for one table.  It worked in my sql console, but not in Alteryx.  Took a few minutes to figure out!

BigDataGeek
8 - Asteroid

I'll echo to anyone stuck here, check your database for accuracy.  I had this error only to find out after an hour of trouble shooting, I was trying to connect to the wrong DB. 

jmuetzel
6 - Meteoroid

I had this error when I didn't reference a field from the middle table I needed to get the information on the outside tables.  I just added a field from that table and it solved the issue.  Then I just used a select to get rid of it.

imakosov
7 - Meteor

Removed the " ; " at the end of the sql code - and it solved the issue!

Labels