community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Error Crashes Alteryx: "The given path's format is not supported."

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am trying to build a workflow that uses nested macros.  The workflow appears to work okay, until I try to select the output nodes for the main macro (which has two Macro Output tools).

At that point, I get two popup errors saying "The given path's format is unsupported."

clipboard_image_0.png

When I click "OK" to close the first one, Alteryx crashes entirely. This happens every time.

I currently am not attempting to actually write any output, so I'm unclear on what "path" the error is referring to.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Note: I did attempt to replicate this with a brand new workflow/macro combo with some simple data, but it does not happen. So I know there's something in my production workflows (which I cannot share), but I don't know how to even track it down.

Bolide

Hey @nrossin,

The only thing I can think of that might be something to look at would be the workflow dependencies settings and see if there is some sort of path in a workflow dependency giving the issue. Even if the dependency is in a tool container and disabled it will still sometimes throw an error.

I too was experiencing a similar issue with one of my workflows. Please try renaming the macro output tool (field: Output Name). If it has any special characters, get rid of them. It seems like the naming convention does allow for special characters.Alteryx snip.PNG

It worked for me. Let me know if it works for you too.

Labels