Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: Connect In-DB (1): Error SQLPrepare: [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

This error Error: Connect In-DB (1): Error SQLPrepare: [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database](-3576)Data definition not valid unless solitary. only occurs when I attempt to run this query from within Alteryx In-Database. The attached query runs fine within Teradata itself.

sonseeahray_0-1624972094805.png

4 REPLIES 4
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@sonseeahray this sort of error normally occurs when you have a multi-statement request. Looking at your SQL, it looks like you are wanting to run multiple SQL queries at once in the in-db tool.   The in-db tool will run this as one transaction and therefore Teradata will treat this as a multi-statement request. 

Can you split the SQL queries out into separate in-db tools?

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@RishiK thank you for clarifying that I need to break the SQL up into separate queries. Let me give it a go and thank you!

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Let me know how it goes @sonseeahray 

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

Will do @RishiK!

Labels