Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error Code [08001]

lynnaberry
7 - Meteor
I keep getting this error code when I try to open a server to download data. I didn't know if it was an issue I could resolve in Alteryx or if anyone know what may be causing it? I often get this error message and I have contacted our technical support and they could not figure out what is causing the error message. Usually I am able to get in the next day or within a few hours, but I have not been able to access the data for several days.
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Just a guess....

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Unable-to-Schedule-a-Workflow-on-Serve...
The issue was due to DNS server not resolving the SQL server IP.

lynnaberry
7 - Meteor
Thank you! I did see that thread before I posted, but I do not understand what that means?
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Your IT department will understand

for example....DNS ww.google.com converts to IP address 172.217.14.164

lynnaberry
7 - Meteor
Ok thank you very much!
shevshenko
7 - Meteor

Did you ever get resolved this Issue Error Code [08001], Not sure of specific actions or what changes need to be done to the server? 

shevshenko
7 - Meteor

UPDATE: I engaged the IT team in my company and shared some comments about the root cause, stating something like this:

-what caused issue to occur: Issue started after server was rebooted and was caused by security policy applied to the system

- Next Action: Reported user’s and team to raise a security exception as suggested by team to prevent this incident from reoccurring.  So, basically it seems a company policy applied to our servers that is causing this error.

Labels