Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: Bad File

Adara
8 - Asteroid

I am attempting to run and upload a workflow to my company gallery. The workflow runs locally with a huge CSV file that is too large to upload onto the gallery. When I converted the file to a zip the workflow will not run at all. 

It gives me this when I try to run:
Error: locating or opening file in the archive: Bad File

The zip and file are saved in my company's server. How can I get the file to be the correct format to run with the zip, and then will it be able to upload once the error is fixed?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @Adara

Would it be possible to keep the CSV saved on a shared folder, from where the workflow can access it? That'll be the easiest way to mange this.

Cheers

Kat

Adara
8 - Asteroid

Hi Kat!

I was under the impression that it was? The company group drive is a shared folder to my knowledge. I'll ask our IT folk and report back.

Thanks!

kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @Adara

You shouldn't convert your workflow to a zip before uploading to the gallery. Just leave as is with the link to the CSV. Just make sure it's UNC.

Cheers

Kat

Adara
8 - Asteroid

hey @kat

I had the file as a zip, not the workflow. The fun continues! I think I got the file path correctly set (with the unzipped file) and now a new error.

It has not shown up in my gallery yet but I'm guessing it won't. The bit of digging I have done suggests the file is too large? 

Capture.PNG

Cheers

kat
12 - Quasar

@Adara - do you have any big files embedded into your workflow?

Adara
8 - Asteroid

Hey @kat

Yes, that's what has been causing the problem this whole time, apologies if I didn't make that clear in the OP.

The workflow runs fine locally with the regular file in the workflow, the Bad File error pops up when I try to zip the file in the workflow to upload.

Cheers

kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @Adara

Can only suggest not embedding the file, but letting server also read it from the shared drive. Then you won't have this issue.

Server runs under your profile (or however you set it up). So as long as that profile has access to the shared drive, it can read the file and there's no need to embed it. Simply upload as a normal, unzipped workflow.

Hope that helps

Kat

Adara
8 - Asteroid

hey @kat

been a while but this was finally resolved with some help with Support. It was an admin permission settings issue.

Thanks again for all your help!

Labels