Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: An unknown error occurred in II_Close.

Saraabdi955
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I got an error message from a batch macro which I made it:

Error: read (39): An unknown error occurred in II_Close.

Can anybody help me to solve it??

4 REPLIES 4
JDong
8 - Asteroid

@Saraabdi955 

Maybe something to do with the string datatype length.

V_WString 1073741823  

Try adding a select tool before your macro and also read this article for similar issue

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/II-PushRecord-Error/m-p/59261#M21639

Hope it helps ! 🙂

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Saraabdi955 

When you see errors like "II_Close" or "II_PushRecord", these are generally un-handled errors (hence the non-descript names) In some cases, I've found that while the error appears there, that's not always where the issue comes from/could be addressed. It's possible that something is wrong upstream, but was not caught until that tool and it didn't know what to do with that error besides give this non-descript message.

To test if the issue originates elsewhere, I recommend incremental testing using a tool container. Start by putting the tool that produces this error (and those downstream) in a disabled tool container. One by one, add one more tool to the disabled container, working backwards up the string of tools. Sometimes a tool will produce an error that was not displayed before and resolvin this error will help downstream.

In your image, there appears to be an error in the Dynamic Input tool. I recommend addressing this error first as it may resolve unhandled errors downstream. If you can share more information on this error, I'm sure the Community will help. 

anthony_alfano
5 - Atom

Hi All,

Just ran into this issue as well and found that our database was holding onto quite a bit of memory. With some small adjustments we freed up a little RAM and Alteryx once again ran without issue. So if you have Alteryx installed on a machine that also has SQL on it, and you are using Alteryx to read to and from that database from time to time, check the memory usage and make sure there is enough to go around. Hope that helps.

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Saraabdi955 

Please check the following Knowledge Base article: 
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/After-upgrading-to-2020-3-receive-e...

Workaround:
Add a Select tool ahead of the Output Data tool and change the size of the field from 1073741823 to smaller value (for example 9999) or put the Autofield tool ahead of the Output Data tool.

Labels