Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: All fields must be mapped for the input: " XYZ"

Joy1
8 - Asteroid

Hi guys,

I created a macro that has 4 input files and I keep getting the error in the title (XYZ is my file name).

I have tried EVERYTHING:

1- The macro runs just fine on its own (it runs fine in the workflow where it is defined)

2- The input files used in both the Macro workflow and the main workflow I am working on are exactly the same

3- I tried making the input files  as optional inputs. Did not fix the error

Is this a pure alteryx bug and if so how to fix it?

6 REPLIES 6
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Joy1 ,

Seems like you are doing everything right.

Would you be able to share your macro and your dataset? If not, please share some screenshots of your macro and the input configuration.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

On the macro input tool, there's an option for "Show Field Map". The default select for this option is "true", but you can set it to false if your input is identical to the field you configured the Macro Input with. 

Otherwise if you'd like to keep the field map, are you able to select the appropriate fields when you place the macro in your workflow via the Configuration window? Depending on the number of fields in the original "XYZ" file, you may need to scroll down to configure them all.

Joy1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the prompt reply. I cannot share the data/file for confidentiality reasons but I can show you screenshots:

Joy1_1-1581371873248.png

As you can see here, I get the error I have mentioned. 

Now look at the source file:

Joy1_0-1581372311921.png

As you can see, it works perfectly fine. I am using the exact same files so no format issues. I tried saying the macro under a different name with no success..............

How can we fix this? please help

Joy1
8 - Asteroid

Thx charlie. Disabling the map actually works 🙂 Cheers

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Awesome answer. 

kosie-snyman
7 - Meteor

Thank you for a great solution. How can this be done if we use a Control Parameter as the input to a macro?

Labels