Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Entering date as column headers

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team,

I have listed all my requirements, input data as well as expected output in attached excel. Please help.

21 REPLIES 21
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @BhatiaSakshi,

You said you wanted to only see months >= date you ran the workflow? i.e. running the workflow today you'd see 2020-07-31 onwards, nothing prior to July?

Regards,

Jonathan

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The tile tool and formula tool after it ensures that the amount is always included in the 1st month, regardless whether it’s julu August or September, for instance.

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jonathan, Yes you got me right I only need future period. but going forward I would need this adjustment in workflow. I have amended the query data. Can you please help me how to put this adjustment.

Also in earlier workflow there were 2 months missing.

Thanks in advance!!

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Right David but for first quarter, I need amount as per the month of entry date. If you see my query (attaching again) for first quarter you will see for first quarter numbers are split basis the entry month.

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Please look into my query.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BhatiaSakshi,

I think I'm very close to understanding the logic, but I have a couple of questions. From your data:

1. The last 2 columns of the Input data are both Balance Q3 2021 - is this a typo? Should the last column be Q4 2021?

2. My understanding is that the 1st quarter is the quarter that the workflow is run in, so currently it will be Q3 2020, as shown below.

3. For all other quarters I should ignore the entry date and just put the full amount in the 1st month of the quarter.

4. If the entry date falls within the first quarter, the full amount should be in the month of the entry date.

Your example Output shows that if the entry date is after the first quarter, the full amount should be in the last month of the first quarter - is this correct?

The example workflow attached has the logic implemented as described above, to match your example.

DavidP_1-1594071690368.png

DavidP_2-1594074218572.png

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Thank You so much David!! It worked

Great help

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Hi David, Can I ask you a quick thing in this workflow.

If not only in first quarter but for all quarters I need to consider the entry date. For Eg. If entry date is "04-28-20" amount will go in 04-30-20" and all remaining numbers in last month of quarter.

What additional step you will add?

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BhatiaSakshi,

In the attached version, the rules are:

for all months prior to entry date, the value is 0

where month = month of entry date, show full value

if entry date < quarter, show full value in 1st month of quarter

Is this what you're looking for?

DavidP_0-1594362308234.png

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Hi David, Sorry for the late response!!

I am attaching the expected output now. In nutshell I am looking for all the numbers should fall in month of entry date and remaining ones should fall in last month of the quarter.

Labels