Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Entering date as column headers

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team,

I have listed all my requirements, input data as well as expected output in attached excel. Please help.

21 REPLIES 21
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @BhatiaSakshi,

This could be achieved by creating the dates, followed by cross-tabbing.

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1594019644306.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This should do it - you may have to tidy up the column names.

DavidP_0-1594019963881.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @BhatiaSakshi , here is my solution  to your post. I hope this helps.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1594021201296.png

Sapna Gupta
BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much for this....just one concern I need the period starting from month end of running date of workflow...for example If I run this workflow period should start from 31-July-20. 

so only future periods should be captured.

Also amounts should get reflected in the period which ever comes first for that quarter. For eg. If I run this workflow next month periods should start from 30-Aug-20. and amount for that quarter will populate in that month for that quarter. (so amounts would come in the first month for that quarter)

Hope I am clear!!

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

I am posting the query again to explain better. Sorry for the inconvenience.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Please see updated version attached.

DavidP_0-1594043498734.png

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @BhatiaSakshi,

I've updated my workflow to solve the additions you had:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1594043489163.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Regards,

Jonathan

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Hi David, I cant see the entry date adjustment for first quarter in attached workflow. 

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jonathan, I cant see entry date adjustment in your workflow. Please suggest. Attaching the query file again.

Labels