Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Entering data, categories and subcategories for data field in API

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone.  I need to determine how to enter the data in the data field, ie how the subcategories and categories should be entered so that the data is red correctly by the API.  The outcome after the download tool:

Roche_0-1652270132362.png

The format in which I entered the data is currently

{"Cust_Data_In": {"UserId": "", "ActionCode": "CREATE", "Partner_ID": "", "Partner_Type": "0002", "Industry": "COMM"}, "Org_Data_In": {"SalesOrg": "5500", "INCOTerm": "FOB", "Ship_Cond": "01"}, "Address_In": {"Firm": "Incredible Connection", "Address1": "15 Main Road", "House_Num": "15", "Address2": "Walmer", "Address3": "", "Address4": "", "Locality": "", "City": "Gqeberha", "PostCode": "6065", "Region": "Eastern Cape", "Country": "SA", "ZWG_VAL":"", "Langu": "E", "Tel_Number": "", "Fax_Number": ""}, "Contact_In": {"Name": "", "Tel_Num": "", "Tel_Country": "", "EMail": ""}}

I did enter a userid and ZWG_VAL  as well.  Currently the API flow returns the following after the JSON parse tool.  The fields are all null.

Roche_1-1652269604796.png

And thus the reason why I think that the data in the data field is not in the correct format.  I used this link to do configurations: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Promote-Knowledge-Base/Promote-Rest-API-Call/ta-p/343890

Thank you for helping! 

Rouche

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The issue is that you are getting a 401 unauthorized message which means that your credentials/API key/token/etc is incorrect or does not have permission to access the endpoint

BrandonB_0-1652391161752.png

Try taking a look at my API write up here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/APIs-for-Beginners-Integrate-All-the-Systems/ba-p/8074... 

You will be able to determine what approach you will need to take based on the API documentation

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Hi Brandon, thank you, will have a look.

Labels