Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Enforce special rules while using Listbox interface tool

Tripti_Lal
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

I have two questions pertaining to Listbox interface tool. I am building an app using this as one among other interface tools.

1) How to enforce 'select only one' option in Listbox tool? I have a 10 year dataset and I want the user to just select one year while using the analytic app. How to do that?

2) If the user wants to select two product categories for comparison (I have again used a list box for this criteria) how can I incorporate that in my workflow? If I am using a filter tool in my workflow to filter out data as per the product category chosen, how to incorporate this functionality? (using 'AND' function will lead to many permutation and combinations)

Kindly help! Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Tripti_Lal ,

For your first question, you can use an error tool / message tool to make the workflow stop if a user selects more than one years.

For question number 2, you can configure the list box tool to generate a custom list

AngelosPachis_0-1608913082795.png

So now, depending on the selected product categories you will create a string formed like this

"Product1,Product2"

Then in your filter tool, you can use an " value In" condition, which will check if the records of a particular field are contained within the statement mentioned above.

Screenshot 2020-12-25 162212.jpg

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Angelos

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Tripti_Lal 

For question 1, if you want the user to always select only one option then use a drop down tool instead.

Dan

Labels