Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Endpoint for loop.

sergonza117
5 - Atom

Hi all,

Hope everything is doing well; I'm working in a workflow whose desired result is to trigger an email/sms alert.

So far is working great, it cleans the data, make the formulas and trigger the alert using an IFTTT connector, previous to the IFTTT connector I'm using a filter that checks a boolean, T sends the alert and F creates a file with the records that shouldn't go to an alert.

2020-05-21 12_46_40-Alteryx Designer x64 - Advertmind Workflow.yxmd_.png

The problem that I'm facing is that T stores more than one record (this is ok since there could be many records that must be reported) and due to the nature of the IFTTT connector it only triggers an alarm for the first record. I was thinking in a way of separate the T rows in individual files and then a for loop that changes the incoming stream for each file so I get alerts for all the records.

Any idea to make it work?, is there other way to face this final step?.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @sergonza117 

Are you looking to invoke the iFTTT connector for each record in the true data set?  If so look at using a batch macro.  

danilang_0-1590150714331.png

A batch macro loops once for each value passed into the control parameter.  In this example the filter is set to only pass ID=1.  The Action tool (Update Value) takes the value passed to the control parameter and replaces the "1" in ID=1 in the Filter with current value.  If you pass 1,2,3, etc to the control parameter, the 1st iteration will use ID=1, the next one ID=2, then ID=3, etc. When you run this normally in designer, you'll only get record ID=1 passed through the filter.  The "looping" only happens when you embed this macro in another workflow like this 

main.png

The batch macro has two inputs.  The D input gets passed to left-most Input in the batch macro.  The inverted "?" input is passed to the Control Parameter input at the top.  When you pass multiple fields to the control parameter, you'll need to answer a few questions in the config of the macro

c.png

The top question is the name of the field that will be mapped to the ID field in the input data.  The bottom one is the name of the field to pass to the control parameter

The end result of this is that the macro will run once for each record in your data.   

Of course with this method your need a way to uniquely identify each row, but you can use a Record ID tool before the passing the data to the input and control parameters.  

Dan

Labels