Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Ending a branching process if no data without causing an error?

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

The specific use case is I'm pulling data via an API. The API first creates a JobID - a long alpha-numeric string, then I run another API placing the JobID in the query string, which performs the initial pull of data delivered in JSON format.

If there is more than 1000 records worth of data in the initial API call's payload, then the payload will contain a field called "cursor". The cursor value is a long alpha-numeric string just like the aforementioned JobID. If there is a cursor, this indicates the associated JobID has more data to deliver. I would then append the &cursor={string} to the API call's query string and run it to pull that data.

However, if there is no cursor, then I would like to end the branch that processes that part of the workflow without producing an error. There may be no cursors to an API call; but there could be multiple cursors. A separate branch would process the subsequent cursors. 

Is it possible to bring a branch to a normal stop if there is no cursor? 

thank you for any assistance,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Archaeopteryx 

Will not a filter do the work?

The true will go to you normal process, and the false will just terminate.

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

And yes, it was that simple! Thank you Qiu.

Labels