Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Enable/Disable Containter based on condition

anhdo92
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I have a workflow that has 2 containers. Ideally these containers shouldn't run simultaneously and should output and send emails differently based on the availability of data. I'm looking to dynamically enable/disable the two containers based on the following conditions:

After the filter tool to check if data available:

if there is data available -> run Container 1 and disable container 2

if all cells are empty, no data available -> run Container 2 and disable container 1

Any idea is much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

You can't do that with containers, but if you have the correct filter setup it will work like you want anyway right ?

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @anhdo92 ,

you have to create a function using a condition tool to enable/disable Tool Containers based on a condition. I've written a blog regarding this (Output Data mit Bedingung: Nur schreiben, wenn ...... - Alteryx Community), unfortunately it's in German.

But - a a general approach for two containers, you can use this a s a "template".

Based on the condition, you set containers to enabled/disabled using a Condition tool.

2021-09-16_07-38-09.jpg

I've attached a sample macro.

Let me know if this is what you need.

Best,

Roland

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

There you go, learn something new every day 🙂   Although I rarely use macros so I didn't know !!

@RolandSchubert  there is nothing attached to your post

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @cmcclellan ,

thanks for the hint, I added the macro.

Best,

Roland

Labels