Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Embedding an email confirmation within the workflow

FECL3
8 - Asteroid

Hi All

Is there a way I can embed an email macro that only allows the workflow to be run if they input information such as email address and other information which is then sent to a specific email box.

I am looking at creating a workflow that is downloaded across the whole business, and I want to measure who is running the workflow. I have considered this approach but I am unsure how to design it in Alteryx.

Is there a way I can do this in Alteryx?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @FECL3 

You can sneak yourself into the BCC of email tool 😜 that way each email triggered will be sent to you too.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @FECL3 

I guess i misread your question do already have block that is triggering email or you need an email block just for notifying you.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@FECL3 ,

You can build this as an analytics app which will allow you to have a pop-up window prompting the user to input the information you mentioned.

You can do this by using the interface tools.

@cplewis90 wrote a good intro to these apps and you can read them HERE.

Bulien

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @FECL3 

You can always configure event notification email. So that you get an email whenever your workflow is run. Like below when you click on add select send email. Its giving user info (something like user name)

atcodedog05_0-1621961135498.png

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Email-Events-to-notify-on-Start-or-...

Hope this helps 🙂

Labels