Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Emails are not receiving after changing SMTP though I am in CC

kc03
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Our firm recently changed the SMTP server. I changed the SMTP server & Port in my workflow. Emails are flowing but the recipients are not receiving those emails. My name is in BCC and I received the email but a few people in CC did not receive it. I am not sure what is the issue. 

Does anyone know about this? 

10 REPLIES 10
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @kc03 . would suggest you to try sending the recipients an email separately just for testing purpose if possible or you can check the workflow for any minor formula errors where the recipients email might not be in a proper format or might be missing a semi colon (";") there can be various reasons for you can test it on some of your test emails as well.

Also ask the recipients  to check their spam box.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
kc03
7 - Meteor

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

Workflow was running fine before I changed the SMTP. Its happening after I changed the SMTP , Port and added a service account.

";" is there. Nothing is there in Junk folder.

Amarendra
10 - Fireball

Hi @kc03 

The fact that you received an email suggests that SMTP is working alright. Can you try sending them emails indivudually and also try reconfiguring the email too? 

kc03
7 - Meteor

@Amarendra i tried sending them email, they are receiving. Could this be the reason? The size of "bcc". Although it was always the same when I was using old SMTP link.

kc03_0-1603799673167.png

Amarendra
10 - Fireball

@kc03 I agree, I won’t rule that out and could possibly be a reason. Can try using the auto field tool in front of the email tool or you can also set the string to a standard size which you think is feasible. 

kc03
7 - Meteor

@Amarendra added auto field tool and added most of them in "cc". 2-3 people did not receive email.

is there any limitation with "cc" "bcc" list in alteryx?

kc03
7 - Meteor

@Amarendra strange thing is I could see person named Oliver in "CC" in the email which I received but he did not receive it.

Amarendra
10 - Fireball

@kc03
The Auto field tool auto assigns data types and their size. Do you mean to say that the tool corrected the size of the "cc" field?
Also, I don't think there is a limit as such. I don't see any info on a limit in the documentation.

I had success with around 100 or so recipients. I usually PIVOT my data and combine all the addresses into a single cell seperated by a ','

Tool Mastery

Email Tool Documentation

kc03
7 - Meteor

@Amarendra it was working all fine with Older SMTP. I tried again with older SMTP link, but not sending emails to everyone though I can see them in "cc"

I concat the email address by using semi colon " ; " as a delimiter.

Labels