Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Emailing different groups of users?

sidg87
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Community Members, hope you are well

Wanted to please ask for some help on an email workflow use case

I am trying to email a list of clients according to a common group they sit in, so for the list below, I only want to send out 2 emails, so 1 email per client group to all recipients in that group. My data is sat in a CSV file. 

Email.PNG

Not sure how to build the logic or structure a workflow to do this, I have only been able to create a workflow that can send 1 email per email address so far, which isn't the result I am trying to achieve.

Grateful for any advice or help from the community, I have attached my current workflow so far

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @sidg87, you ought to be able to create a list with a semi-colon separator like so:

DataNath_0-1667320289632.png

That you can then reference in your 'To' configuration within the email tool. If the semi-colon doesn't work, try a comma as I have read reports of the semi-colon not playing ball on certain versions.

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @sidg87 

Something like this will work: Concatinate the emails and separate them by a semi-colon.

DavidSkaife_0-1667320595807.png

sidg87
6 - Meteoroid

Amazing thank you so much, this is very useful

sidg87
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you, I had no idea I could concatenate emails this way. Very useful

Labels