Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Emailing Table Data Specific to Multiple Users

AshCockram
5 - Atom

Hi all, 

Hopefully I can describe this without confusing people!  I have created a workflow that emails a table containing information relating to claims to those who have originally raised the claim. Currently I have this set to choose the email from the 'Requester Email' which sends each table to all emails that appear in this list. I have had a request to only email information specific to users so that they don't receive unnecessary information. I'm thinking I need a way to run the workflow multiple times with different parameters (i.e. filter on workflow requester email for the email tool and filter on the table for requester name for the body of the email) I've tried to look at batch macros but have had no success so I'm looking for an idea to help this. 

Attached is a sample of this workflow to help illustrate what I mean.The data is mocked up and the email tool not configured but hopefully this helps to explain. 

Any help is appreciated! 

Thanks, 

Ash

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The workflow you attached does not include the "Test.xlsx" file. I suggest using a Text Input or exporting the workflow as a yxzp to include that file for testing.

Otherwise, I think the key information here is that the Email tool will send an email for each record it receives. Using this information, you should be able to create the list of appropriate recipients into different records so a batch macro may not be necessary. 

AshCockram
5 - Atom

Thanks for the reply Charlie. I've reattached as a yzxp as you've suggested. 

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Based on the sample you provided, it will only send one email to each unique record in "Requestor Email". When I entered my own email for all 3 sample records, I got one email will all records combined. When I only entered my email for one of the fields, I only got the information for that record. Is this not the functionality you're looking for?

AshCockram
5 - Atom

Thanks Charlie, I was looking at this in a massively over-complicated way! 

Labels