Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email tool sends one email for every row

essemMLB
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx community,

I hope this is a quick one:

I'm configuring the email tool to send an email to a stakeholder with a CSV attached. This email will be sent at the end of a cleaning / transforming workflow of survey data. But the email tool seems to send one email for every row of data. I tested it on a CSV that had 19 rows and it sent 19 emails. Perhaps I'm a little confusing as to how this tool works-- is there a setting that tells Alteryx something like "Once this workflow is finished, send one email to X address with Y file attached"?

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @essemMLB ,

Take a look at my suggested workflow where I'm using a dynamic way of creating files and then sending e-mails for each one of the e-mails from the dataset.

Let me know if this works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

essemMLB
7 - Meteor

Thank you!

redruby
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your shared expertise. I guess I'm not seeing where I would input the file the workflow has produced, which is what I want to be attached to the email. This is the first time I am attempting to automate an email. Any help is appreciated. 

psolomo
6 - Meteoroid

I am having trouble sending one email that contains and excel record with multiple rows.  

I have summarized the data into a table when browsing it has one record. But the excel file ends up looking like the attachment. 

Here is the flow:  

psolomo_0-1651011904844.png

I have tried creating an excel file and output to a file location.  But when I attach it to send an email it sends a email for each row.   How do I get the table into an excel file that I can attached to an email and only send once?   I would appreciate any help you can provide.  Thank you

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HEy @psolomo ,

Since the email tool sends an email for each row being fed to the tool, the easiest way would be for you to include a sample tool sampling the first row only before the email tool.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels