Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email tool sends one email for every row

essemMLB
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx community,

I hope this is a quick one:

I'm configuring the email tool to send an email to a stakeholder with a CSV attached. This email will be sent at the end of a cleaning / transforming workflow of survey data. But the email tool seems to send one email for every row of data. I tested it on a CSV that had 19 rows and it sent 19 emails. Perhaps I'm a little confusing as to how this tool works-- is there a setting that tells Alteryx something like "Once this workflow is finished, send one email to X address with Y file attached"?

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @essemMLB ,

Take a look at my suggested workflow where I'm using a dynamic way of creating files and then sending e-mails for each one of the e-mails from the dataset.

Let me know if this works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

essemMLB
7 - Meteor

Thank you!

redruby
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your shared expertise. I guess I'm not seeing where I would input the file the workflow has produced, which is what I want to be attached to the email. This is the first time I am attempting to automate an email. Any help is appreciated. 

psolomo
6 - Meteoroid

I am having trouble sending one email that contains and excel record with multiple rows.  

I have summarized the data into a table when browsing it has one record. But the excel file ends up looking like the attachment. 

Here is the flow:  

psolomo_0-1651011904844.png

I have tried creating an excel file and output to a file location.  But when I attach it to send an email it sends a email for each row.   How do I get the table into an excel file that I can attached to an email and only send once?   I would appreciate any help you can provide.  Thank you

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HEy @psolomo ,

Since the email tool sends an email for each row being fed to the tool, the easiest way would be for you to include a sample tool sampling the first row only before the email tool.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels