Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email tool not recognising apostrophe’s

HannahSwain7
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have been using the text icon to create an email template which will then be sent via Alteryx. Apostrophises seem to show correctly when I look at them via a browse tool but when I send the emails they disappear. Does anyone know how I troubleshoot please? 

thanks,

Hannah

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @HannahSwain7,

By text icon do you mean the report text tool, Is this similar to your workflow setup? Do you have some example text which causes the issue?

IraWatt_0-1653313162592.png

HannahSwain7
7 - Meteor

Yes the below matches my workflow however I have a formula and block until done tool in between. This is due to me having attachments which I add to the email tool.

Examples of the text are:

is it correct for the attached individuals to be in the ‘red/invalid’ entity

thank you,

Hannah

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@HannahSwain7 Looks like the character your using is not a Latin-1 character as it comes in as V_WString.

IraWatt_0-1653313936567.png

Don't know if this helps but brining in the data from a data input tool does work through brows whereas typing it in the text tool does not

IraWatt_1-1653314003893.png

Labels