Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email tool error

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

Hi,

I have multiple groups under which i have to send 3 attachments to a group of email addresses.

I have tried to enter the value using text input, which includes the TO address', and subject line. I have attached the files using email tool. I have used the correct SMTP details.

But i get the following error

#Record1: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL

7 REPLIES 7
hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

@atcodedog05 could you help on this ?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hegdepavithra10 

It seems like maybe a To address issue. Multiple email address should be given like

perosn1@mail.com; person2@mail.com 

Can you test the email tool just by manually inputting the values. First try with one To address if it works go with multiple To address

You can use the attached workflow to test it.

And check Tool mastery to see whether the other configuration is correct.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Email/ta-p/32129

Hope this helps 🙂

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

@atcodedog05 

I hadn't added semicolon at end of the To address. Now that I have added. I get the following error message:

Record#1:Weird server reply

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hegdepavithra10 

Did you work with mail tool template did it work?

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

@atcodedog05 

I tried with one email address as you suggested it didn't work. I added mutiple as well. It didn't work either. I have added the SMTP server details as required. But I was not sure if encryption has to be changed. 

Would that be the reason for the error

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hegdepavithra10 

for the template workflow what was the error.

Record#1:Weird server reply

Record#1: is say error with first row. If you are passing any values to email tool you shouldnt be getting this error.

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

@atcodedog05 

There was no error. The template is from input text tool and when run gave no error

Labels