Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email tool error: 'Couldn't connect to server' but Telnet email works

Jes
8 - Asteroid

I am testing out a simple workflow to send an email using Email tool but am getting a 'Couldn't connect to server' error.

I've tried multiple combinations of SMTP details & encryption but am getting the same error:

1. Port number in the SMTP field & encryption set to SSL/TLS

2. Port number not in the SMTP field & encryption set to SSL/TLS

3. Port number in the SMTP field & encryption set to STARTTLS

4. Port number not in the SMTP field & encryption set to STARTTLS

JH0123_0-1612207476618.png

JH0123_0-1612207702316.png

I've tried sending an email via TelNet as found in this page, and was able to send an email to myself: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Email-SMTP-Troubleshooting/ta-p/321...

My IT confirmed that the port number that we use is 25.

He's asked whether Alteryx has an email server, but given that I am running the workflow off a local machine, I'm not sure if this detail is of importance. 

Any suggestions on how I can get this up and running?

4 REPLIES 4
randreag
11 - Bolide

hi @Jes 

I have got this error many times and I solved it using the credentials boxes to authenticate the smtp

Give a try

I hope it helps

rodalferreira
8 - Asteroid

Hey JR0123,

Did you try to check the SMTP authentication and enter the credentials of your smtp?

Also, I don't know if all places are the same, but here at work the email don't work from my laptop because of firewall, I have to publish in the server and then it works.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

mahadevaswab
8 - Asteroid

Dear @rodalferreira 

I did check the SMTP in my workflow and it was ran well in system but getting error when the same being run in Server (Gallery)

Please advise 

srikant96
9 - Comet

i have the same issue and no solution 

Labels