Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

Email sending multiple files

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi All, 

I am having some issues with the email tool. It is currently sending 16 different records and I am not sure why this is happening. I saved the pdf from the render and attached it in the email tool (which when opened is only one file), yet the email tool still sends 16 different records. I have attached screen shots below and was hoping someone could help out with a step by step process. I have tried adding a simple table as well but that did not work. 

Thank you!

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @minty, without seeing your results window, I'm going to assume that the output of your Union tool is 16 records...that is feeding in 16 different email "actions" to the email tool. If you were to summarize into 1 record, that would yield only one email. Is it possible to group up the data you are sending to the Email tool into one record? 

Give that a try, that should produce a single email.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi @BrianR 

Thank you for your message! Yes, that is the exact issue. The summarize tool fixes the multiple files, however the graphs end up on top of one another and the footer does not count correctly. I have attached what happens below. If I switch the place footer with the summarize tool, the footer isn't included and the graphs are even closer on top of one another.

Is there another fix for this issue as I am not sure why this does happens?

Thank you again.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@minty give this a try...in the example below, I broke out the footer into its own path - the reason is, I think you want just a single footer (same would apply for header) to appear. Using the method below, I put a join after the union (join on record position), and then used a vertical layout tool to stack the chart first, and then the footer. Certainly a little different format than your workflow, but see if you can replicate something similar in your workflow. This should accomplish the single footer.

BrianR_0-1593092272218.png

Labels