Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email output to based on User in output

michael_franz
8 - Asteroid

I have an output. It contains 13,000 results. There could be up to 50 users. Each user does have an email address in the output file. 

Is there a way to email each of the users ONLY their output. I do not want to put to excel and slice the data to send to each of the 50 users separately. This will happen on a regular basis.

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @michael_franz ,

if you have the email against each row, so you can determine which records go to each user, then simply wrap the email output into a batch macro. Use a sum tool to group the email address, then feed this into the batch macro as the control parameter. This will then run the output as a batch for each user.

M.

Bulien

michael_franz
8 - Asteroid

mceleavey,

Sorry, but you lost me at Hello. I apologies, but I do not understand. I've made 1 change to my initial discussion and that is I now have 50 excel files sitting in a folder. Each file is labeled by employee Name....  First Last.xlsx

Not sure if I made progress or just completed another issue. Thanks for the comment, but I lost at sea with it.

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @michael_franz 

My approach would be to populate a field with email addresses, create a field with unique paths to the named files, create an AsAt date field (optional), subject, message body (personalized)...then configure the email tool to use specific fields and attachment locations.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Labels