Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email message should run only when workflow manually runs

olahnil
7 - Meteor

I have a question and did not found any solutions to this yet.

I have a workflow which runs scheduled but it has to run manually in some cases.

I want to set a message that only send out message email when the workflow manually runs.

Do you have any idea how to set workflow in this case?

(Two separate workflow -one for scheduled and one for manually running -  is not an option. \

It is also not an option to manually change anything in workflow settings when it runs manually)

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx
The only way I could think that this would be possible is if there was a workflow variable that indicated a manual vs scheduled run.

I wonder if something could be done with this variable

GuiInteraction: A Boolean value indicating whether or not a workflow is being run from the GUI. When a workflow is run from the Alteryx Designer or Analytic App interface, the returned value will be True or 1. When a workflow is run from command line, the returned value is false, or 0.

olahnil
7 - Meteor

Thank you! It works perfectly.

Labels