Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email handling

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

Dear Experts,

I have been maintaining a report it contains around 5 lakhs line items with detailed information and around 50 headers for example fields like Product Name / Color/ Product Size / Quantity/ Quality

Every month I need to send an email to at least around 1,000 to 3,000 people via Outlook email and getting that information like Product Name / Color/ Product Size / Quantity/ Quality and update in the same excel spreadsheet tracker.

It’s really quite difficult and challenges to track the 3000 emails from people and update the same in the excel spreadsheet tracker.

Please suggest the best way to automate this process either in Alteryx or in excel or Outlook or some others too  

Some of the  challenges which we are facing below

Some of them are Out of Office

Some of them not yet responded to my email

Some of them need some changes

Some of not required to do the changes

Some of them sent twice

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @STAR1BANU 

Thank you for your contribution to the Community!

To help make it easier for others to assist, it would be helpful to get some additional information on your Process. Here's what we recommend you include in your reply:

* What Alteryx Version are you using?
* Do you have a Workflow with sample data you can share?
* Are you receiving an Error Message?

It always helps to see what you have completed so far so that the Community can better assist you directly with your issues.

Posting for Fastest Possible Solution

Thank you very much!

Community Moderator
CokeLuke
8 - Asteroid

Sounds quite challenging. Played around with the OutlookInputTool? 

CokeLuke_0-1616021774658.png

Using the Reporting tools, one can customize emails. In the past, I would use Outlook or Excel VBA, but found out that my process runs 4x faster with Alteryx. This was for a couple hundred emails customized for the recipient which I was able to convert to Alteryx

CokeLuke_1-1616021841830.png

Labels