Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email design

Borisham
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I would like to design an email format with file attached, which will look like that :

I have tried to design it on the designer but I haven't got what I wanted

I would appreciate if you can help me out

Borisham_0-1621429547545.png

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Are you you using the Report Text tool prior to e-mail? If you are having trouble getting it to work with one tool - use two (ie one for header and one for logo and body)  and then a summarize after to combine them.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Borisham 

Creating custom reports is definitely possible upto certain extent but its like photoshop with alot of trial & error steps in designing.

Here is a workflow for your task. The idea is to position the components in a table and use column width and other table formatting options to fix the formatting. And we can use report text tool and attach it to top/bottom in its configuration.

atcodedog05_0-1621432149985.png

Output:

atcodedog05_1-1621432222661.png

This is just a rough mock up. You need do trail & error with format configuration setting to get the expected results.

Hope this helps 🙂

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Borisham 

Similar to the answer from @atcodedog05, but the final layout is done by a single Layout tool 

danilang_0-1621436345131.png

danilang_1-1621436365296.png

Dan

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danilang 

atcodedog05_0-1621436943976.png

After see this i was thinking how did you pull it off.

And Wow i didnt know this feature, that if you pass rows with multiple columns in a layout tool and set orientation to vertical then the column values will come one below other like rows.

This is amazing 😎 neat hack and great learning 🙂

Borisham
8 - Asteroid

Thanks you! that is brilliant!

Just would like to 2 things please :

1. Is there a way to change the format of email to HTML ?

2. I have received it on my outlook and it looks very big. I have tried to reduce the size of all the table but it still stayed the same.

How could I do it ?

Thanks

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Thanks @atcodedog05 

It's about the only time the I use Join Multiple since I usually need to do something with the non-joined records.

Dan

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Borisham 

If you are looking to reduce the size. You can use layout tool and set a fixed width.

atcodedog05_0-1621437358034.png

This might work

1st question i am not sure.

Hope this helps 🙂

Borisham
8 - Asteroid

@danilangThanks Dan, that is brilliant! Happy with the result!

Do you know a way to frame all of this in a square box ? Like a line around all of this email.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Borisham 

The easiest way to add a border is to the Border option in the Layout tool

danilang_0-1621593069991.png

danilang_1-1621593120001.png

Dan

Labels