Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Widget: Cut off all the emails in the "To" row

Frankie
5 - Atom

Good morning,

I have automated a weekly status report update which is being sent out to 24 different emails.  It seems as though Alteryx has visually cut off half the email addresses though (see attached), but all 24 recepients have received the email.  Is there any way to fix this so all the email addresses can be seen?

Regards,

Francesca

4 REPLIES 4
WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I looked at your attached .pdf.  Those headers look like they come from Outlook.  Are you saying that the some of email addresses appear to cut off when you look at the 'To' field in Outlook?  If not, are you using the Email Tool or are you setting up email delivery as an event?

Frankie
5 - Atom

Yes they came from Outlook.  And yes exactly right, some email addresses appear to cut off in the "To" field in Outlook, but the email is still being sent to everyone it was supposed to go to.  This is really just an aesthetic thing, but need it to be fixed somehow.

Regards,

Francesca

WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A: In order for all 24 emails to actually reach their destination, the data has to be available to the Email tool to send them out.  I get different results when I run that test on my side.  It only gets cut off on your end.  So my analysis leads me to believe there is something on your side that causes the truncation.  That could be something related to Outlook, or it could be related to your computer (screen resolution setting for example).  Do the other recipients have the same issue?  If so, that would lead me to believe is related to Outlook.  If not, then it is probably specific to your computer.

Q: Yes, all other recipients had it cut off like mine.  So it must be Outlook?

A: I sure think so.  If Alteryx is able to deliver all 24 emails successfully, then the emails are complete at that point.  If the Email tool was truncating the addresses, then some of the recipients wouldn’t get the email.  The addresses only seem to be getting truncated on the receiver end when a user is looking at the email  in Outlook.  

jyurkovich
7 - Meteor

The email tool seems to be using a 264 character limit for the To: field. Same thing happens to me.

See also: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Email-tool-recipients-list-truncating-...

Labels