Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool truncating Recipient List in To Line

mix_pix
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I've noticed that the Email tool truncates the number of email addresses that show up in the To line (at least in Gmail, which is what we use at work).  All of the recipients still get the email, but that isn't clear when someone views the distribution list in the email itself.

email list.png

Is this just a quirk of the tool, or how Gmail handles the recipient list?  Is there any way to ensure that all of the recipients show up?

7 REPLIES 7
PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @mix_pix,

In Alteryx, when you check the list of recipients, do you see it truncated? Based on your description, all the people mentioned in the list have received the email, therefore Email tool worked as expected.

Although I can't verify this because I don't have access to Gmail, this looks like a limitation of your email client.

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Customer Support Engineer

mix_pix
10 - Fireball

Thanks Paul.  I spoke with @ChadM about this too and the same behavior manifested itself in Outlook.  So he's submitted a bug report on this one.

Rant
7 - Meteor

@ChadM

@mix_pix

Has there been a update for this?

jjoerger
7 - Meteor

Is there a character limitation (1,000) in the To: line of the Email tool?  Believe it's Alteryx and not the Email Relay Server.  Can someone confirm? 

Gondomar
6 - Meteoroid
I’ve got this issue, too. It’s truncating things at 311 characters. It appears to be random.
Gondomar
6 - Meteoroid
Scratch that. It’s truncating at 254 characters quite consistently.
Jayzonx
5 - Atom

Hello Alteryx Support team - do we have resolution on this. I just experienced this today too.

Labels